Pioneer Mighty Seal Neutral Cure
Mighty Seal Neutral is a high performance, one-component sealant formulated for industrial and electrical applications. It remains permanently flexible and exhibits excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates.
- Color: Translucent
- Sag/Slump: Nil
- Tack free time: 15 minutes
- Cure time @ 75°F (24°C) and 50% RH (3/8″ thick): 24 hours
- Extrusion rate: 390 g/min
- Durometer, Shore A hardness: 23 points
- Tensile Strength 220 psi: Approximately 271%
- Elongation: 500%
How to Use:
- Cut nozzle to the desired size.
- Insert the cartridge into the caulking gun.
- Push sealant ahead for uniform bead size.
- Clean off excess sealant with solvent.
The cure progresses inward from the surface. The sealant forms a tack-free skin at a minimum of 8 minutes at room temperature. Tooling is not practical after this skin begins forming and should be completed within 5 – 7 minutes from application, even though this may require alternate periods of applying and tooling.
Curing time is affected by:
- Temperature and relative humidity: Higher temperatures and lower humidity can achieve faster curing.
- Degree of confinement: Faster curing time with a lower degree of confinement.
- The cross-sectional thickness of the sealant: Curing time increases with the thickness of the sealant. A 1/8” section may cure in 24 hours but a 1/2” section may cure in 3-4 days.
- Seals vinyl, glass, wood, and steel
- Plastic and concrete
- Can also be used for waterproofing